Sunday 29 November 2009

3)Development of Collection

The 3rd assignment was a follow on from the 2ND which involved using the same designs we had produced & adding the swatch material & whilst relating back to FC collection board.

My aim was to to Create the Autumn/Winter 2010 Collection, the collection would be directly aimed to the

FC main target market who would be Working women who live a very fast paced life, there main priorities are work, and therefore they would want to eestablish a professional fashionable look which FC provides.


Another factor which was highly coconsidered in the collection would be how the economic situation is affecting everyone especially in 2010 with all redundancy , therefore promotion on the new collection will be highlighting how the new collection can be worn as work wear , casual or evening with different stylists highlighting how the look can be changed , this will emphasise how they are saving money with the new FC range.


Once the designs were put into practice such as designing the dresses and filling in with the desired swatch I realised ;
* I did not have many swatches
* The swatches did not perfectly represent my brand


After considering them points I gathered
d information which would help me create my collection in terms of colour and fabrics, I used WGSN to collect my future colour trends which will be shown in my collection



The Colours which appealed to me and I wanted in my Collection was The grey , blue , pink. And also I wanted to add Black as it a colour which will contrast other colours enabling the collection to look bold.

As the collection range had to have a mixture of the 3 categories such as work , causal and evening I decided that the ideal he materials i wanted was lace and floral prints , cheque print for dresses , I wanted denim for leggingsTweed for jackets , trousers , shorts.


Therefore I visited trend hub again and found the following swatches in the book called '' '' and scanned a wider range of fabrics which would represent my brand.






No comments:

Post a Comment